I got an opportunity to visit from Ahmedabad to Bangalore by flight on May 02nd, 2012. This was my first flight experience. My Dad and me reached the airport at 8:30 PM. We got our tickets and then had the security check. Our Spicejet flight SG 345 was scheduled to leave at 9:30 PM. So we had our dinner at the airport itself. The flight was on time and luckily i got the window seat (the child in me was so happy :)). It was a hopping flight with a 30 min break at Pune. So i had double benefit in my first experience 😀
We were ready and waiting for the take off. Firstly the plane went on the run way till the opposite end and all the while i was feeling as if i am sitting in a bus :D. But finally it took an about-turn and the speed increased exponentially. Within a few seconds we were high, up in the sky. The view was breath-taking. The roads seemed like bright lighted lines, the houses and cars seemed like toys. The actual city looked like a toy model of a city. My ears were humming initially when the plane increased the height, but later on everything was fine.
Time just flew and very soon we landed at Pune. After a 30 min break, the plane again took off. Almost everyone was asleep, but i was so happy and excited that i could not even think of sleeping 🙂 Again there was similar view from the top. Our pilot Mr. Shashidharan was an expert. We reached Bangalore before time at 12:30 AM.
The Bangalore airport is awesome (maybe because the domestic and international airport is common). A bus dropped us till the airport. So may planes were lined up there. Our plane was at 72 numbered stop so you can imagine the view. There was so much rush at the airport that it seemed like a railway station 😀 I must admit that i am in love with Bangalore at first sight. Even at night the city looked so beautiful and well maintained. It is like heaven for a nature lover like me 🙂 It was so cool and pleasant that unknowingly i fell asleep in the taxi 😦 and missed the night view.
I would also like to add my second flight experience 😀 since it was a morning flight back from Bangalore to Ahmedabad the next day. I am sure you won’t believe me when i tell you this, “There were soooo many sparrows chirping merrily inside the Bangalore Airport”. Firstly i was shocked and then i was surprised. I am sure that the nearby people must have thought that i had seen the sparrows for the first time 😀 But i didn’t care :D.
The view while returning back was also very beautiful. Almost all the while (2 hrs.) i was happily looking out of the window (yes! again i got a window seat :)). The rivers and roads seemed like snakes. The green patches were beautiful. Very soon we were at 33000 feet. Even the clouds were below us. I thoroughly enjoyed myself all the while 🙂
Some of the points i thought up above in the sky were –
- After seeing this view i have an urge to look at the Earth from the space 🙂 I hope i get a chance one day !
- The feeling of “ME” vanishes and the “EGO” dissolves. From 33000 feet we are not even equivalent to a speck of dust. So even at this great height i was grounded to the Earth 🙂
- It felt flying like a bird in the sky. I want to try sky-diving now !
- Importance of time. A 30 hour-long tiring journey by train substituted by a mere 2 hour flight. I saved a lot of time and energy (for my forthcoming exams)
- Nothing is impossible. If we take up some task and give our best we can get what others say is ‘impossible’. For eg. man can fly like a bird and swim like a fish. An interesting quote related to this – When you do anything new, at first people laugh at you, then they challenge you, then they watch you succeed and then they wish they were like you 😉
It was one of the most memorable experience of my life ! Thanks a lot Dad 🙂 In 24 hours i traveled by a car, bus, plane, jeep and auto that day 🙂 Later on the complete journey felt like a dream. I hope i have such dreams recurrently 😀