Wishing all a very Happy Indian Republic Day !
This is one of those special days when we are reminded of our devotion to our motherland. It makes us (almost all of us) feel proud of being an Indian ! India is developing everyday. So each day we move a bit forward. Steadily we are moving towards our dream India 2020. It’s a dream of every citizen of the country to make India a developed country by 2020 initiated by the honorable ex-president of India Shri APJ Abdul Kalam.
The change is slow. Sometimes it is not even noticeable. But a change is a change ! And the most important thing is that the change is towards the positive, for the betterment, for a good cause, for the benefit of all. Here are some of our positive points which we have learnt all these years …
- We are no more frightened of anyone. We raise our voice against any issue which has an adverse effect. We are ready to fight for right. Our voices cannot be ignored.
- We love our country. We are proud to be Indians. As the results show a large number of people who had settled outside India are coming back due to better living conditions and opportunities.
- We stay together with peace and harmony. People of all castes and religions enjoy together and lead a happy life. We celebrate each others festivals with same joy. There is no rift between as it is sometimes portrayed by some people.
- We are proud of our soldiers who work day and night, risk their lives, sacrifice themselves for their motherland. We cannot compensate what you do in any way. But we are always proud of you and value you.
- We are aware of our duties and rights. So nobody can cheat us or fool us. We try to do our duties and at the same time enjoy our rights.
- We are aware. Due to increased modes of information like internet, television, newspapers, magazines etc we are instantly aware of the happenings around us. So now everybody knows everything.
- We love the way we are. Sometimes we may seem to follow the western culture. But finally we are happy being our-self. We may change a few things here and there but surely we don’t lose our identity.
Everything cannot be perfect. But its the efforts that actually matter. Today if all Indians pledge to give their best, feel proud of the nation, do whatever they can in building a better tomorrow then it will automatically brighten the future. These things are easy to say, but somewhat difficult to do. But remember nothing is impossible. Once we rise above our selfish motives we can feel a new satisfaction, a hidden joy, a feeling of comfort. As it is rightly said united we stand divided we fall. So lets all unite in building a better tomorrow. “Well begun is half done .” This small step is all that is required today for a happier tomorrow !
This is one of the rare videos which i found while surfing the net. The roads have broadened, the rush has increased, the tableau may be more decorative but the feeling of patriotism and love for the country remains the same. It has been 63 years since this tradition is being followed. Watching this parade makes us feel proud to be an INDIAN !